Getting enrolled in karate classes can help you achieve several benefits and some of them are being discussed here to clear your mind if you are confused about joining such classes.
- The top benefit is obviously that you learn self-defence techniques and this is also the primary reason why this art was developed.
- If you are a fitness freak, you can be a part of these classes because the instructors are often found saying that martial arts or karate lessons are not just for attacking and defending. They are also dedicated towards making the people conscious about their health and fitness.
- Different arts like karate, tae-kwon-do, kung-fu and other are known for improving cardiovascular fitness as well as toning the muscular system.
- With these arts, people will surely experience increase of physical power.
- Some people also get these karate lessons with the aim of improving their flexibility and body elasticity.
- The instructors teach them to perform various motions and activities to make sure that the body stays fit and bendable.
- The aspect of flexibility is especially visible in tae-kwon-do classes and Thai kickboxing where high jumps, kicks, etc. are performed generally.
- Joining them will ensure that your body’s co-ordination is also improved.
- The instructors are trained to improve the mental health as well as spiritual understanding of the students.
- With their help, you’ll surely experience improvement in your mind’s focussing power as well as self-control.
- You’ll be able to master your emotions like anger, fear, disturbance, annoyance, etc.
- You’ll also experience a huge increase in your inner peace because of regular practicing.
- You can feel completely refreshed, rejuvenated, energized and all charged up to face the intricacies of the world around you.
- An important benefit is that children will become more disciplined.
- Kids with bad attitudes could become well behaved and respectful, as a result of taking Karate classes.
- Respect is something that all instructors place great importance during their classes.
- The kids will become well behaved, no matter what social economic backgrounds they come from.
Kobudo is basically a weapon based martial art that originated in the early 19th century from Okinawa – An island in South Japan. The popularity of this art has seen immense rise in the past two decades and this is why you will see various organizations and institutions offering Kobudo classes.
As far as these classes are concerned, the Kobudo lessons taught there are very exclusive and involve learning the following weapons.
- This is the most important weapon to be taught about in these classes.
- It is basically a 6 feet long staff and can be shorter or longer as well.
- It could be made up hard materials like red or white oak and in some cases, of flexible materials too like bamboo, pine or rattan.
- The art of using this Bo is given the name of Bojutsu and it can be ornated with stripes of metal along its sides with specialized grips in the mid.
- It is a three-pronged truncheon that has blunt ends.
- The two short ends are used for taping and breaking other weapons like Bo, sword, etc.
- This weapon is almost similar to side-handled baton and can be welded with one in each hand. The technique used in its application is almost like fighting empty handedly.
- This very popular weapon involves two pieces of wood or metal attached to each other with a chord.
- In the advanced version, this chord has been replaced by a stainless steel chain.
- The Chinese design is rounded, while the Okinawan is octagonal.
- It was popularized in Bruce Lee movies and is now common at the dojos.
- This weapon is a kind of farming sickle and has a relatively short handle with curved blade at the end.
- It is relatively more difficult to learn, but with the expert staff of Kobudo classes, you can learn using it like an expert.
Other very common weapons that you can learn operating thorough the kobudo lessons are – Tekko and Surujin.
In this modern world with unprovoked assaults happening everywhere on our streets they need to have self-defence skills are becoming strongly important. The dilemma is with your children, when is the right time to get your Kids Self-Defence Classes? I say as early as possible, from about 9 or 10 years, earlier if they seem like they can handle it.
•Health and fitness – practicing martial arts and self-defence is a great exercise which of course leads to a healthy and fit body. Your kids will have better immune systems and be able to handle getting sick better.
•Discipline – Learning a martial art takes great self-discipline, and a good instructor will enforce good discipline as well. I remember when I was younger and turned up late to class, I was made to do 20 press ups in front of the whole class before I could join in. I certainly was never late again! It will also give your child the skills to ignore name-calling and provocation from their fellow classmates and avert getting into fights in the first place.
•Confidence – Knowing how to defend oneself gives an enormous feeling of self-empowerment and hence will improve your child’s self-esteem and confidence levels. They will be much outgoing and will be more likely to stick up for themselves and others.
•Social Skills – The practice of self-defence and Kobudo Lessons is a very interactive process so develops great social skills. It will set them up with friends for life.
Martial Arts and Self Defence classes are a great idea for your kids and would encourage anyone with children to get them involved.
Looking for a perfect karate learning session for your little one?
Still didn’t find the right spot where you can feel the safety and also the perfect training in the art of karate?
Well we have a solution!
We are opening the perfect doors to those perfect kids karate classes that will directly lead you to the right training hours for your kiddo. Training those little hands to have a mastery over the karate forms like Bruce Lee, we help you to get the right excellence. Let your child know how important self defence is today and let him be his own defence. Providing the right level of training element as needed to learn the fight form perfectly, we help them and train them in the most absolute manner that automatically turns them into a pro.
Just helping them learn the art is not our motive but we also focus on making them understand why and when the right projections need to be made to challenge the opponent. Right from training sessions to organising the dummy fight sessions, we take care of all what your kid needs to take charge in the art. Make him feel the right power after attending the perfect kids karate classes that will lead him to the next level. This will automatically make him a pro and advance his personality development skills as well, while adding the perfect defensive element to him lot in the perfect trained style.