Kobudo is basically a weapon based martial art that originated in the early 19th century from Okinawa – An island in South Japan. The popularity of this art has seen immense rise in the past two decades and this is why you will see various organizations and institutions offering Kobudo classes.
As far as these classes are concerned, the Kobudo lessons taught there are very exclusive and involve learning the following weapons.
- This is the most important weapon to be taught about in these classes.
- It is basically a 6 feet long staff and can be shorter or longer as well.
- It could be made up hard materials like red or white oak and in some cases, of flexible materials too like bamboo, pine or rattan.
- The art of using this Bo is given the name of Bojutsu and it can be ornated with stripes of metal along its sides with specialized grips in the mid.
- It is a three-pronged truncheon that has blunt ends.
- The two short ends are used for taping and breaking other weapons like Bo, sword, etc.
- This weapon is almost similar to side-handled baton and can be welded with one in each hand. The technique used in its application is almost like fighting empty handedly.
- This very popular weapon involves two pieces of wood or metal attached to each other with a chord.
- In the advanced version, this chord has been replaced by a stainless steel chain.
- The Chinese design is rounded, while the Okinawan is octagonal.
- It was popularized in Bruce Lee movies and is now common at the dojos.
- This weapon is a kind of farming sickle and has a relatively short handle with curved blade at the end.
- It is relatively more difficult to learn, but with the expert staff of Kobudo classes, you can learn using it like an expert.
Other very common weapons that you can learn operating thorough the kobudo lessons are – Tekko and Surujin.
Martial arts have long been a popular form of defence lesson taught to people of all ages. Today, it is much common among the kids and youths who spend hours in reputed centers to learn the right moves. Moreover, many countries too are popularizing this form of art to keep its root alive along with giving people the knowledge of self-defence. In addition to this factor, there also are several health benefits of practicing martial arts as it helps attain complete physical fitness and rejuvenate the body.
If you are looking for Kids Self-Defence Lessons for your children, then there can be nothing better and easier then martial arts. Parents must be successful in finding an experienced and well-trained instructor who is capable of teaching the best moves to your children right from the scratch. When you step outside to enroll your child in any of the reputed Martial Arts academy you know, you will be guaranteed to receive the following advantages:
- An improvement in self-confidence: Once a kid starts learning the moves and gradually climbs the ladder of success, he builds his self-confidence and leaves behind his fear and shyness
- A healthy body and mind: Several self-defence classes including Koshiki, Jiu-Jitsu and Kobudo Lessons work to enhance one’s physical fitness that automatically helps to keep one calm and concentrated
- Moulds a child’s behavior: It has been proven in several studies that martial arts bring in the beauty of helping a child understand situations and further act according to it
Modern-day parents have grown smarter and know that the modern-day extra-curricular activities play a great role in making kids well-disciplined and an all-rounder personality. There are several of them and one of the most chosen’s is the MMA or Mixed Martial Art classes.
What is MMA or Mixed Martial Arts?
This art has gained huge popularity across the globe in the recent past, as it is known to be the most disciplined and useful one. It is actually a combination of various arts used in self-defense like Karate, Jujitsu, Judo, Tae-Kwon-Do and a few others. The mixture of all these arts is given the name of MMA and in kids self-defense lessons, basics of all these arts are taught.
Why you should go for Mixed Martial Art classes?
- There are actually several reasons why this art is trending these days and the most prominent are that it teaches the best self-defense and discipline to the kids.
- In other words, the kids self-defense lessons not only improve child’s overall physical health, but mental health as well.
- They are hard and kids sweat profusely during the training sessions. This sweating reduces the risk of cancer, diabetes, heart disease and even obesity.
- With these MMA lessons, the self-confidence level would boost and as the result they’ll be able to tackle those trying to bully them. This is a very remarkable point as the incidents of senior students harassing junior students have become very frequent these days.
However, some people believe that children can grow into violent children after such Mixed Martial Arts classes. But the fact is completely opposite as the first thing that masters teach them is controlling the mind. When a mind is controlled, there is no chance that violence would rule over their minds.
Often a question can be asked as to what is the need of self defence classes, irrespective of whether they are for elders or juniors. As far as kids are concerned, these classes have completely different benefits and they have different benefits to offer. In this post, we’ll mull upon the benefits of adults self-defence lessons, but the first point is that these classes are to be given by a trained and an experienced instructor.
Improves overall physical fitness and coordination
- One of the biggest aspects of adult’s self-defence classes is that they improve the overall activeness and performance.
- These classes improve the loco motor, non-loco motor and other kinds of movements and also, gross motor skills.
- This results into an overall improved holistic approach towards life, physicality and overall fitness.
- The kids get the benefit in the form of improved coordination, strength, agility, balance, flexibility, strength, cardio condition, speed, reactive and finally, the bursting power.
- These movements can be a significant in long-term, especially for those who are already hyperactive.
Teaches concentration, discipline and overall coordination
- Apart from concentration, these BJJ classes help a lot by teaching discipline, respect and self-control.
- This is because the first thing taught to the students is to follow the master and only on this vow, they are permitted in these classes.
Helps develop confidence
In these adults self-defence lessons, elders as well as children are constantly taught new skills and each one is more challenging than the previous. However, one thing common with these arts is that all of them teach self-confidence and control. This self-control and discipline is demonstrated in various aspects of their lives.
Other benefits include –
- Develops assertiveness, tenacity and determination
- Develops communication, listening and social skills
- Teaches nutrition, anatomy and hygiene
- Teaches spatial concepts
- Teaches awareness of danger
- Teaches gentle solutions to bullying and rough play
- Helps kids to stay safe and avoid accidents
In this modern world with unprovoked assaults happening everywhere on our streets they need to have self-defence skills are becoming strongly important. The dilemma is with your children, when is the right time to get your Kids Self-Defence Classes? I say as early as possible, from about 9 or 10 years, earlier if they seem like they can handle it.
•Health and fitness – practicing martial arts and self-defence is a great exercise which of course leads to a healthy and fit body. Your kids will have better immune systems and be able to handle getting sick better.
•Discipline – Learning a martial art takes great self-discipline, and a good instructor will enforce good discipline as well. I remember when I was younger and turned up late to class, I was made to do 20 press ups in front of the whole class before I could join in. I certainly was never late again! It will also give your child the skills to ignore name-calling and provocation from their fellow classmates and avert getting into fights in the first place.
•Confidence – Knowing how to defend oneself gives an enormous feeling of self-empowerment and hence will improve your child’s self-esteem and confidence levels. They will be much outgoing and will be more likely to stick up for themselves and others.
•Social Skills – The practice of self-defence and Kobudo Lessons is a very interactive process so develops great social skills. It will set them up with friends for life.
Martial Arts and Self Defence classes are a great idea for your kids and would encourage anyone with children to get them involved.
Looking for a perfect karate learning session for your little one?
Still didn’t find the right spot where you can feel the safety and also the perfect training in the art of karate?
Well we have a solution!
We are opening the perfect doors to those perfect kids karate classes that will directly lead you to the right training hours for your kiddo. Training those little hands to have a mastery over the karate forms like Bruce Lee, we help you to get the right excellence. Let your child know how important self defence is today and let him be his own defence. Providing the right level of training element as needed to learn the fight form perfectly, we help them and train them in the most absolute manner that automatically turns them into a pro.
Just helping them learn the art is not our motive but we also focus on making them understand why and when the right projections need to be made to challenge the opponent. Right from training sessions to organising the dummy fight sessions, we take care of all what your kid needs to take charge in the art. Make him feel the right power after attending the perfect kids karate classes that will lead him to the next level. This will automatically make him a pro and advance his personality development skills as well, while adding the perfect defensive element to him lot in the perfect trained style.