Different forms of martial arts have become hugely popular in the past two decades, but one art that has gained unexpected popularity is the Kobudo. The reason is the benefits that are actually almost identical with the benefits of other arts, but the art in itself is completely different and has contributed a lot in the popularity. In this post, we look at the benefits of joining Kobudo classes.
Improvement in body strength
- The biggest difference between this art and others is that apart from improving the skills, the learner experiences huge improvement or augmentation in his/her body strength.
- This art will make you fall in love with the fitness aspect of the body.
Improved mental strength
- This benefit of kobudo lessons is very common as this is the general aim of learning all such arts.
- The biggest reason behind this benefit being prevailing here is that in this art, the students are taught to set goals, concentrate upon them and achieve them.
- This improves their concentration level and determination power to achieve short-term goals initially and then, concentrating upon long-term goals as well.
Responsiveness and awareness
- Another benefit of joining Kobudo classes is that your mental as well as physical responsiveness goes at exceptional heights.
- This is completely the result of improved mental awareness as well as physical fitness that you get more aware of the thing and actions taking place around you.
Strength in character
- Another benefit of being the part of Kobudo classes is that you develop as a more conscientious human being with a stronger character.
- Your confidence would grow and the effect would be visible in your decision-making, as you will be taking more sagacious, conscientious and thought-upon decisions.
- Kobudo lessons help you develop the strength of your body and mind.
- Your speed of response and awareness will also increase with time as Kobudo lessons ultimately strengthen your character.
Kobudo is basically a weapon based martial art that originated in the early 19th century from Okinawa – An island in South Japan. The popularity of this art has seen immense rise in the past two decades and this is why you will see various organizations and institutions offering Kobudo classes.
As far as these classes are concerned, the Kobudo lessons taught there are very exclusive and involve learning the following weapons.
- This is the most important weapon to be taught about in these classes.
- It is basically a 6 feet long staff and can be shorter or longer as well.
- It could be made up hard materials like red or white oak and in some cases, of flexible materials too like bamboo, pine or rattan.
- The art of using this Bo is given the name of Bojutsu and it can be ornated with stripes of metal along its sides with specialized grips in the mid.
- It is a three-pronged truncheon that has blunt ends.
- The two short ends are used for taping and breaking other weapons like Bo, sword, etc.
- This weapon is almost similar to side-handled baton and can be welded with one in each hand. The technique used in its application is almost like fighting empty handedly.
- This very popular weapon involves two pieces of wood or metal attached to each other with a chord.
- In the advanced version, this chord has been replaced by a stainless steel chain.
- The Chinese design is rounded, while the Okinawan is octagonal.
- It was popularized in Bruce Lee movies and is now common at the dojos.
- This weapon is a kind of farming sickle and has a relatively short handle with curved blade at the end.
- It is relatively more difficult to learn, but with the expert staff of Kobudo classes, you can learn using it like an expert.
Other very common weapons that you can learn operating thorough the kobudo lessons are – Tekko and Surujin.
Martial arts have long been a popular form of defence lesson taught to people of all ages. Today, it is much common among the kids and youths who spend hours in reputed centers to learn the right moves. Moreover, many countries too are popularizing this form of art to keep its root alive along with giving people the knowledge of self-defence. In addition to this factor, there also are several health benefits of practicing martial arts as it helps attain complete physical fitness and rejuvenate the body.
If you are looking for Kids Self-Defence Lessons for your children, then there can be nothing better and easier then martial arts. Parents must be successful in finding an experienced and well-trained instructor who is capable of teaching the best moves to your children right from the scratch. When you step outside to enroll your child in any of the reputed Martial Arts academy you know, you will be guaranteed to receive the following advantages:
- An improvement in self-confidence: Once a kid starts learning the moves and gradually climbs the ladder of success, he builds his self-confidence and leaves behind his fear and shyness
- A healthy body and mind: Several self-defence classes including Koshiki, Jiu-Jitsu and Kobudo Lessons work to enhance one’s physical fitness that automatically helps to keep one calm and concentrated
- Moulds a child’s behavior: It has been proven in several studies that martial arts bring in the beauty of helping a child understand situations and further act according to it
Modern-day parents have grown smarter and know that the modern-day extra-curricular activities play a great role in making kids well-disciplined and an all-rounder personality. There are several of them and one of the most chosen’s is the MMA or Mixed Martial Art classes.
What is MMA or Mixed Martial Arts?
This art has gained huge popularity across the globe in the recent past, as it is known to be the most disciplined and useful one. It is actually a combination of various arts used in self-defense like Karate, Jujitsu, Judo, Tae-Kwon-Do and a few others. The mixture of all these arts is given the name of MMA and in kids self-defense lessons, basics of all these arts are taught.
Why you should go for Mixed Martial Art classes?
- There are actually several reasons why this art is trending these days and the most prominent are that it teaches the best self-defense and discipline to the kids.
- In other words, the kids self-defense lessons not only improve child’s overall physical health, but mental health as well.
- They are hard and kids sweat profusely during the training sessions. This sweating reduces the risk of cancer, diabetes, heart disease and even obesity.
- With these MMA lessons, the self-confidence level would boost and as the result they’ll be able to tackle those trying to bully them. This is a very remarkable point as the incidents of senior students harassing junior students have become very frequent these days.
However, some people believe that children can grow into violent children after such Mixed Martial Arts classes. But the fact is completely opposite as the first thing that masters teach them is controlling the mind. When a mind is controlled, there is no chance that violence would rule over their minds.
In this modern world with unprovoked assaults happening everywhere on our streets they need to have self-defence skills are becoming strongly important. The dilemma is with your children, when is the right time to get your Kids Self-Defence Classes? I say as early as possible, from about 9 or 10 years, earlier if they seem like they can handle it.
•Health and fitness – practicing martial arts and self-defence is a great exercise which of course leads to a healthy and fit body. Your kids will have better immune systems and be able to handle getting sick better.
•Discipline – Learning a martial art takes great self-discipline, and a good instructor will enforce good discipline as well. I remember when I was younger and turned up late to class, I was made to do 20 press ups in front of the whole class before I could join in. I certainly was never late again! It will also give your child the skills to ignore name-calling and provocation from their fellow classmates and avert getting into fights in the first place.
•Confidence – Knowing how to defend oneself gives an enormous feeling of self-empowerment and hence will improve your child’s self-esteem and confidence levels. They will be much outgoing and will be more likely to stick up for themselves and others.
•Social Skills – The practice of self-defence and Kobudo Lessons is a very interactive process so develops great social skills. It will set them up with friends for life.
Martial Arts and Self Defence classes are a great idea for your kids and would encourage anyone with children to get them involved.