Martial arts have long been a popular form of defence lesson taught to people of all ages. Today, it is much common among the kids and youths who spend hours in reputed centers to learn the right moves. Moreover, many countries too are popularizing this form of art to keep its root alive along with giving people the knowledge of self-defence. In addition to this factor, there also are several health benefits of practicing martial arts as it helps attain complete physical fitness and rejuvenate the body.
If you are looking for Kids Self-Defence Lessons for your children, then there can be nothing better and easier then martial arts. Parents must be successful in finding an experienced and well-trained instructor who is capable of teaching the best moves to your children right from the scratch. When you step outside to enroll your child in any of the reputed Martial Arts academy you know, you will be guaranteed to receive the following advantages:
- An improvement in self-confidence: Once a kid starts learning the moves and gradually climbs the ladder of success, he builds his self-confidence and leaves behind his fear and shyness
- A healthy body and mind: Several self-defence classes including Koshiki, Jiu-Jitsu and Kobudo Lessons work to enhance one’s physical fitness that automatically helps to keep one calm and concentrated
- Moulds a child’s behavior: It has been proven in several studies that martial arts bring in the beauty of helping a child understand situations and further act according to it
Modern-day parents have grown smarter and know that the modern-day extra-curricular activities play a great role in making kids well-disciplined and an all-rounder personality. There are several of them and one of the most chosen’s is the MMA or Mixed Martial Art classes.
What is MMA or Mixed Martial Arts?
This art has gained huge popularity across the globe in the recent past, as it is known to be the most disciplined and useful one. It is actually a combination of various arts used in self-defense like Karate, Jujitsu, Judo, Tae-Kwon-Do and a few others. The mixture of all these arts is given the name of MMA and in kids self-defense lessons, basics of all these arts are taught.
Why you should go for Mixed Martial Art classes?
- There are actually several reasons why this art is trending these days and the most prominent are that it teaches the best self-defense and discipline to the kids.
- In other words, the kids self-defense lessons not only improve child’s overall physical health, but mental health as well.
- They are hard and kids sweat profusely during the training sessions. This sweating reduces the risk of cancer, diabetes, heart disease and even obesity.
- With these MMA lessons, the self-confidence level would boost and as the result they’ll be able to tackle those trying to bully them. This is a very remarkable point as the incidents of senior students harassing junior students have become very frequent these days.
However, some people believe that children can grow into violent children after such Mixed Martial Arts classes. But the fact is completely opposite as the first thing that masters teach them is controlling the mind. When a mind is controlled, there is no chance that violence would rule over their minds.
Often a question can be asked as to what is the need of self defence classes, irrespective of whether they are for elders or juniors. As far as kids are concerned, these classes have completely different benefits and they have different benefits to offer. In this post, we’ll mull upon the benefits of adults self-defence lessons, but the first point is that these classes are to be given by a trained and an experienced instructor.
Improves overall physical fitness and coordination
- One of the biggest aspects of adult’s self-defence classes is that they improve the overall activeness and performance.
- These classes improve the loco motor, non-loco motor and other kinds of movements and also, gross motor skills.
- This results into an overall improved holistic approach towards life, physicality and overall fitness.
- The kids get the benefit in the form of improved coordination, strength, agility, balance, flexibility, strength, cardio condition, speed, reactive and finally, the bursting power.
- These movements can be a significant in long-term, especially for those who are already hyperactive.
Teaches concentration, discipline and overall coordination
- Apart from concentration, these BJJ classes help a lot by teaching discipline, respect and self-control.
- This is because the first thing taught to the students is to follow the master and only on this vow, they are permitted in these classes.
Helps develop confidence
In these adults self-defence lessons, elders as well as children are constantly taught new skills and each one is more challenging than the previous. However, one thing common with these arts is that all of them teach self-confidence and control. This self-control and discipline is demonstrated in various aspects of their lives.
Other benefits include –
- Develops assertiveness, tenacity and determination
- Develops communication, listening and social skills
- Teaches nutrition, anatomy and hygiene
- Teaches spatial concepts
- Teaches awareness of danger
- Teaches gentle solutions to bullying and rough play
- Helps kids to stay safe and avoid accidents